Redefining "Right" and "Wrong" in Language. This blog is intended to be screen reader friendly.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Language Deterioration

For all of you out there that insist that today's youth is completely massacring (does that word have four syllables for you too?) the English Language (or whatever other language), this blog will probably either annoy you to no end or will be just the place for you!

Language deterioration. How many of us haven't heard our parents or grandparents saying that language is deteriorating, and oh boy, if we let it keep going down this path, what will education come to? How will our children learn? Well I'm here to say their parents said the same exact thing about their language. "The word 'access' is not a verb! It is a noun!" Clearly if I let you access something instead of granting you access, my IQ has just dropped ten points and my ability to learn and the ability of all my progeny to learn has been cursed for all eternity.

I have to go but I will be sure to elaborate on why language deterioration is really just language change when I get back.

3 comments:

Breo said...

hwam can I get with potatoes and cheese? Carrots and Gravy :). I just wanted to say 'hwam' hhahaaha, hwam.

Yeah I think we talked about this in class once how we're going through a language change or something like that, kinda neat! Several years from now people will be trying to read '2nd old English'

Anonymous said...

haha now you have two comments, because I meant to say it with this name!!!(so I'm starting over)

Hwam can I get with my carrots and gravy?

Hwam did you say?

I saidddd Hwam can I get with my Carrots and Gravvyyyy???

(Get it? :))

gatto fritto said...

I like verbing nouns.

Followers