Redefining "Right" and "Wrong" in Language. This blog is intended to be screen reader friendly.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Computational Linguistics

My professor wore cat ears today. And she dressed in black and orange and passed out candy.

And the class featured my VoiceOver on my Mac, to show how text-to-speech works (computational linguistics). Little awkward cause she definitely gave me a five-minute introduction.

VoiceOver is a screen reader that comes with Apple that is designed for blind and visually impaired people. I told it to read the following things:

I do not have the cot/caught merger.

I do not have the pen/pin merger.

I read the newspaper every day.

I haven't read the newspaper today.

I read the newspaper yesterday. (which it read as "I reed the...")

Happy Halloween, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha you and your voice over! *chuckles* I want to get one in a Creepy voice that goes Happpyyy Halloweeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnn

Followers